FUNCTIONS OF DISTRICT COLLECTOR OFFICE
Broad areas of functions of district collector are as follows
Maintenance of Land Records, collection of Land Revenue and allied Matters.
- The Mamalatdar s Court Act, 1906.
- Hyderabad Atiyat Enquiries Act 195
- Bombay Divisional Commissioners – Act, 957.
- Maharashtra Education and Employment Guarantee (Cess) Act, 1962.
- Maharashtra Land Revenue Code, 1966.
- Maharashtra Increase in Land Revenue and Special Assessment Act, 1974.
- Maharashtra Irrigation Act, 1976.
- Bombay Land Requisition Act, 1948.
- Bombay Government Premises Eviction Act, 1955.
- Public Premises Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants Act, 1971.
- Land Acquisition Act, 198
Control over extraction of Minor Minerals and collection of royalty for minor minerals.
- Bombay Minor Minerals (Extraction) Rules, 1955.
- Maharashtra Abolition of Subsisting Proprietary Rights to 16 Minor and Minerals in Certain Lands Act, 1985.
Local Self Government.
- Bombay Village Panchayat Act, 1958.
- Maharashtra ZP and Panchayat Samiti Act, 1961.
- Maharashtra Municipalities Act, 1965.
Resettlement of Project Affected Persons.
- The Bombay Refugees Act, 1948.
- Displaced Persons (Compensation and Rehabilitation) Act, 1954
- Maharashtra Religious Endowments (Reconstruction on Resettlement 45 Sites) Act, 1970.
- Maharashtra Resettlement of Projects Displaced Persons Act, 1976.
- Maharashtra Regional Town Planning Act, 1966.
- Bombay Highways Act, 1955.
- Representation of People s Act, 1950.
- Representation of People s Act, 1951.
- Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act, 1960.
- Maharashtra Agricultural Produce Marketing (Regulation) Act, 1963.
- Maharashtra Local Authorities Members Disqualifications Act, 1986.
- Bombay Prevention of Gambling Act, 1887.
- Bombay Entertainment Duty Act, 1923.
- Bombay Betting Tax Act, 1925.
- Bombay Cinema (Regulation) Act, 1953.
- The Prize Competition Act, 195
- Maharashtra Advertisement Tax Act, 1965.
- Bombay Weights and Measures Act, 1930.
- Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- Prevention of Black Marketing and Maintenance of Supply of 103 Essential Commodities Act, 1980.
Part – A
- Bombay Prevention of Fragmentation and Consolidation of 107 Holdings Act, 1947
- Bombay Tenancy and Agricultural Lands Act, 1948
- Hyderabad Tenancy and Agricultural Lands Act, 1950.
- Bombay Tenancy and Agricultural Lands (Vidarbha Region Act, 1958).
- Maharashtra Agricultural lands (Ceiling an Holdings) Act, 1961.
- Maharashtra Restoration of Lands to Scheduled Tribes Act, 1974.
Part – B : Various Acts Of Land Tenure Abolition
- Bombay Khoti Abolition Act, 1949.
- Bombay Merged Territories and Areas (Jahagirs Abolition) Act 1949.
- Bombay Bhagidari and Narwardari Tenures Abolition Act, 1949.
- Bombay Kaul and Katumn Tenures Abolition Act, 1950.
- Bombay Pargana and Kulkarni Watan (Abolition) Act, 1950.
- Bombay City (I narni and Special Tenures) Abolition Act, 1950.
- Bombay Permnal lnams Abolition Act, 1952.
- The Saiwtte Estate (Land Revenue & Exemption Abolition) Act, 1951.
- Bombay Saranjam Jagirdar and other lnarns of Political Resumption Act, 1962.
- Bombay Merged Territories (Janjira and Bhor) Khoti Tenure Abolition Act, 1953.
- Abolition of Cash Grants (Hyderabad) Act, 1952.
- Bombay Personal lnams Abolition Act, 1953.
- Bombay Service lnams (Useful to Community) Abolition Act, 1953.
- Bombay Bhils, Naika Inam Abolition Act, 1955.
- Bombay Merged Territories Miscellaneous Alienation Abolition Act, 1955.
- Abolition of lnams (Hyderabad) Act, 1955.
- Bombay Shilotri Rights (Coloba) Abolition Act, 1955.
- Bombay Shetgi Watan Rights (Ratnagiri) Abolition Act, 1957.
- Bombay Inferior Village Watans Abolition Act, 1958.
- Bombay Merged Territories and Area (Jagirs Abolition) Act, 1958.
- Bombay Bandhijam, Udhad and Ugadia Tenures Abolition Act, 1959
- Maharashtra Revenue Patels (Abolition of Offices) Act, 1962.
- Maharashtra Revenue Patels (Watan) Abolition Act, 1965.
- Maharashtra Miscellaneous Alienations (Hyderabad Enclaves) Abolition Act, 1965
- Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act, 1976
- Maharashtra Employment Guarantee Scheme Act, 1977.
Law and Order.
- Markets and Fairs Act, 1862.
- Press and Registration of Books Act, 1867.
- Bombay Ferries Inland Vessels Act, 1868.
- Cattle Trespass Act, 1931.
- Criminal Procedure Code, 1973.
- The Dramatic Performance Act, 187
- Indian Explosive Act, 1884.
- The Telegraph Act, 1885.
- Indian Electricity Act, 1910.
- Bombay Devadasis Protection Act, 1934.
- Petroleum Act, 1934, Petroleum Rules, 1976.
- Probation of Offenders Act, 1958.
- Factories Act, 1948.
- Bombay Prevention of Ex-communication Act, 1949.
- Bombay Police Act, 1951.
- Suppression of Immoral Traffic in Women and Girls Act, 1956
- Bombay Habitual Offenders Act, 1959.
- Indian Arms Act, 1959.
- Maharashtra Village Police Act, 1967
- Maintenance of Internal Security Act, 1971.
- Maharashtra Prevention of Dangerous Activities of Slum Lords, Bootleggers and Drug Offenders Act, 1981.
- Bombay Prison (Furlough and Parole) Rules, 1969.
Excise and Prohibition.
- Bombay Prohibition Act, 1949.
- Medicinal and Toilet Preparation (Excise Duties) Act, 1955.
- Bombay Denatured Spirit Rules, 1959 1 Bombay Denatured Spirit 17 (Transport in Bond) Rules, 1969.
Court Fees, Stamps and registration.
- Indian Registration Act, 1908.
- Bombay Stamp Act, 1958.
- Bombay Court Fees Act, 1959.
Ecology and Environment.
- Indian Forests Act, 1927.
- Bombay Wild Animals and Wild Birds Protection Act, 1951.
- Maharashtra Felling of Trees (Regulation) Act, 1964.
- Maharashtra Sale of Trees by Occupants Belonging to Scheduled Tribes Regulation Act, 1969.
- Maharashtra National and State Patks Act, 1970.
- Maharashtra Private Forest (Acquisition) Act, 1975.
- Bombay Non-Agriculturist Loans Act, 1928.
- Bombay Agricultural Debtor s Relief Act, 1947.
- Maharashtra Debtor s Relief Act, 1976.
- Maharashtra Groundwater Act, 1993.
- Bombay Land Improvements Schemes Act, 1942.
- Bombay Khar Lands, 1949.
Trustee and Guardianship.
- Indian Treasure Trove Act, 1878.
- Bombay Court of Wards Act, 1905.
- Indian Lunacy Act, 1912.
- Maharashtra Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites Act, 1960.